If you have moved into your new place, and you are struggling to feel cosy and comfortable, it’s probably because it does not quite feel like your home yet. There are some simple ways you can fix this. Here are some suggestions:
- Add some fresh cut flowers – One of the easiest ways to give your new place an instant uplift is to add your favourite flowers around the house. This will make any room feel more like your own. Not only do flowers look beautiful, but they will also add a natural aroma to the place, and they will improve the airflow in your home too, making it more comfortable to live.
- Invest in a fireplace – Is there anything more homely than a fireplace? Imagine sitting by the fire, with a warm cup of chocolate on a winter’s night. Sounds like bliss, right? This is the perfect way to give your property a real homely feel. One thing you do need to be mindful of, however, is buying fire logs. Make sure you buy reputable wood such as invented Kiln dried logs. If the logs you buy have not been seasoned correctly, this can be a hazard; so don’t cut corners when it comes to this.
- Change your doorknobs – This may sound like a bit of an odd suggestion. Nevertheless, changing your doorknobs is actually a great way to add some personality to your home. After all, most people don’t give their doorknobs a second thought, do they? The only exception being if they are broken. However, by getting rid of your boring, old doorknobs, and replacing them with new ones, you give your home character and revitalise the place, so it feels like your own.
- Put out lots of throws and pillows – This is an excellent way to make your home feel inviting and warm. Place throws and pillows out on the furniture. It is definitely better to have too many pillows than not enough. Is there any better feeling than sinking into a plush pillow? You feel like you are on cloud nine – literally! This can make a massive difference to your new place, and it won’t cost a lot of money either.
- Improve the aroma – Perhaps your home doesn’t feel like your own because it is not filled with inviting smells? This can make more of a difference than you may realise. There are many different ways you can ensure your home smells delightful. From scented candles and diffusers to air fresheners, you are bound to find the right product for you. From vanilla to lavender, there’s no end to the luscious smells either, and it’s as easy as picking your favourite one.
- Put up some art – Last but not least, your property is not going to feel very homely if you have a lot of bare walls, even if your wallpaper is lovely! Make sure you hang up some art to give your home personality. Not only this, but adding family photos will also make it feel like your own place.